- *Neuroscience Center of Excellence
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Interventional Radiology/ Neurointerventional Radiology
- Clinical Trials & Research (Neurology)
- Neuro Specialty Programs
- Neurological Rehabilitation & Home Care
- Patient Education/Support
- Meet our Stroke Team
- Stroke Signs & Symptoms
- Institute for Advanced Medicine
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Stroke Specialty Program
- Concussion Clinic
- Parkinson Programs
- Neuroscience Summit 2015
Click here to download PDFs of the presentations.
Sarasota Memorial’s Neuroscience Center of Excellence is a leading treatment, research and resource center for people affected by complex neurological conditions. A wide range of factors from genetic abnormalities or immune system deficiencies to injury to the brain or nervous system can cause neurological disorders and diseases. Our team of multi-disciplinary neuroscience specialists uses the latest technology and treatments to diagnose and treat diverse, chronic and challenging problems involving the brain, spine, cerebrovascular system and nervous system.
The center’s specialty areas include:
STROKE… EVERY SECOND COUNTS
Every second counts when you're having a stroke … and so does the hospital that treats you. In Southwest Florida, the most advanced interventions are available at Sarasota Memorial Hospital – the only nationally recognized, state-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in the region. Our stroke program has been certified “with distinction” by the Joint Commission and given its “Gold Seal of Approval” for providing the greatest breadth and depth of specialists and advanced services for stroke patients.
Learn more >>>
- Stroke/Cerebral Hemorrhage
- Vascular Malformations
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Surgery, including Laminectomy & Fusion
- Epilepsy & Seizure Disorders
- Back & Neck Problems
- Chronic Pain/Headaches
- Parkinson’s disease
- Muscular Dystropy/ALS/Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
Nervous System Infections
- Dizziness & Vestibular Disorders
- Autoimmune Disorders, including Guillain-Barre Syndrome & Myasthenia Gravis
Hospital & Outpatient Neurological Care
Services are provided on an inpatient (in the hospital) and outpatient basis (go home the same day), on Sarasota Memorial’s main campus, as well as through its network of specialty campuses located throughout Sarasota and surrounding communities.
For information about our services or a referral to one of Sarasota Memorial’s neuroscience specialists, call our HealthLine at (941) 917-7777 or toll-free (800) 764-8255 (ext. 7777) or search our online physician directory by physician name, specialty or practice location.