Sarasota Memorial Laboratory Services is accredited, certified and approved by:
- The Joint Commission
- The Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration (ACHA)
- The College of American Pathologists (CAP)
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- The Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA)
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- The American Association of Blood Banks (AABB)
- The Agency for Healthcare Administration (ACHA)
Our pathologists, Sarasota Pathology Group, are board certified in anatomic and clinical pathology, with subspecialty boards in dermatopathology, cytopathology and hematopathology.
The lab has been designated a Center of Excellence by Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics for Automation and Chemistry.
All staff responsible for specimen testing are certified by ACHA, and many have dual licensure with the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or other national accrediting services.