ICD-10. We are ready!
The ICD-10 implementation date is effective on 10/1/15. Sarasota Memorial is on track for a smooth transition.
The diagnoses on your lab and radiology orders are important: Remember when writing orders for services after 10/1/15, a diagnosis description and/or ICD-10 diagnosis code is required to ensure no delays in services for your patient or claims denials for your office or the hospital.
- Hypertension, essential -- I10
- Chronic Atrial Fibrillation -- I48.2
- Diabetes mellitus, type 2, without complications -- E11.9
Additional Resources available to you:
If you have PULSE (SMH Intra-network) access, you can also view resources and tips by specialty here, or by submitting a request to CDI at ICDfirstname.lastname@example.org or 917-2331
- HIM Coding Hotline 917-8137
- CMS Website for physician practice’s route to ICD-10- www.roadto10.org
- Mobile applications for iPhone and Androids – go to your App Store or Google Play – enter ICD-10 or Precyse for a listing of free apps
Use this converter tool to change an ICD-9 code to ICD-10 and vice-versa. There may be up to 3 converters shown on this page depending on your browser settings, yet they all function the same.