The Sarasota Memorial Benefits Program offers a number of different options to fit individual health care and financial needs. Eligible employees can design a personalized benefit plan following 60 days of employment at Sarasota Memorial Health Care System.
We offer three plans that feature extensive medical and wellness benefits:
- The Comprehensive Medical & Wellness Plan provides health care services through a wide network of local physicians and facilities, and allows you to visit any number of in-network specialists twice during the year without prior authorization or referral. With no deductible and the lowest out-of-pocket costs, the Comprehensive Plan is geared toward those who want broad access to providers at good value.
- The Basic Medical & Wellness Plan is the lowest cost plan and is designed to provide catastrophic health care coverage. Health care services are provided through a network of SMHCS physicians and facilities. All care is coordinated by your Primary Care Physician, who will provide referrals and authorizations.
- The Extended Medical & Wellness Plan has the highest premiums and out-of-pocket costs. It features a network of a large number of local providers and is the only plan that provides out-of-network coverage. You may visit any specialist or facility in or out of our network without referrals or authorizations.
SMHCS offers three dental plans to fit your personal dental care needs. Regular, professional dental care can prevent serious and costly problems later on.
The vision plan provides benefits for eye exams, prescription glasses and contact lenses if medically necessary.
EAP Sarasota (EAP) provides professional counseling, referral, and follow-up services for you and members in your household. EAP can provide you with confidential information regarding personal problems or information regarding special services including:
- Marital and Family Related Issues
- Parent-Child/Adolescent Problems
- Relationship Issues
- Depression and Anxiety
- Grief and Loss
- Work or School Problems
- Substance Abuse
- Financial and Legal Difficulties
- Child Care Facilities
- Emergency Mental Health Care
SMHCS provides new employees with the Retirement Savings Plan, a 403(b) plan with an annual employer contribution.
Our Benefits Program includes a short-term disability plan and a long-term disability plan that are designed to work together to provide important financial protection if you are unable to work due to an illness or injury. SMHCS’s long-term disability plan combines with Social Security and other benefits you may receive to provide you with a percentage of your pre-disability income.
Employee Life & AD&D Insurance and Supplemental Life and AD&D
Although most of us never think about life and AD&D insurance, it’s important to have protection against unexpected tragedies. Life insurance provides benefits in the case of your death; accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) provides benefits in the case of death or severe injury due to an accident.
Flexible Spending Accounts
The Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to use tax-free dollars to pay eligible health care and dependent care expenses that aren’t covered elsewhere.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
PTO is provided to regular employees for time off for vacation, holidays, personal days, an occasional illness and an extended illness. Hours are accrued each pay period based upon your hours worked.
Two child care facilities are available for the use of our employees.
Tuition Reimbursement (at approved education institutions)