Bayside Center for Behavioral Health
If you or someone you care about is suffering from depression, anxiety, substance
abuse or other mental health needs, we can help. Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Bayside
Center for Behavioral Health offers access to mental health care to help you understand and manage the condition, so you or your loved one can get back to living a full life. Bayside Center is licensed by the Department of Children and Family
Services, accredited by the Joint Commission, and approved by Medicare and Medicaid.
Clinical Assessment Center
Our professional, certified staff members are available 24/7 for urgent consults or by
appointment during normal business hours to provide:
- Free, confidential mental health and substance abuse clinical assessments.
- Free assessments for families in need, given by licensed child and adolescent therapists who are on call 24 hours a day.
- Admission to our inpatient program or referral to the appropriate level of care in
- Verification of insurance benefits.
- Connection to free or discounted community resources when insurance or
income is inadequate.
We offer comprehensive inpatient programs for short-term, intensive psychiatric
treatment for adults, adolescents and children. Our approach combines advanced
medical practice, pharmacology and psychotherapists to treat emotional disorders that
affect interpersonal or occupational functioning. Treatment includes individual, group,
family therapy, and planning for continuing care following hospitalization.
Mental health services for adults, children, adolescents and their families include:
- A nurturing, comfortable environment.
- Specialized inpatient programs for children, adolescents, adults, seniors and families.
- Acute psychiatric services.
- Staff psychiatrists, licensed mental health counselors and social workers.
- Customized therapy programs, including dual-diagnosis treatment.
- Licensed Baker Act receiving facility.
- Assistance with insurance and referrals / access to free or discounted community services
- 24-hour availability.
1650 South Osprey Ave.
Sarasota, FL 34239
In an emergency or crisis situation, please call 911. For a free clinical assessment, information, referrals or advice, call
941-917-7760, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.