- T. Patrick Fitzgerald, MD, founded Sarasota Memorial’s Comprehensive Bariatric Program in 2004, and serves as the program’s Medical Director. He specializes in the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgical procedure. Dr. Fitzgerald received his medical degree from the Medical College of Georgia and was trained in General Surgery at the Tulane School of Medicine, New Orleans. He is a member of the American Society of Bariatric Surgery, a diplomat of the American Board of Surgery, and a fellow of the American College of Surgery.
- John Nora, MD, joined the Comprehensive Bariatric Program in 2007. He earned his medical degree at Northwestern University, including an extern rotation at the Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Scotland. He trained extensively at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, completing his internship and residency there. Dr. Nora also completed a Critical Care Fellowship at the University of British Columbia and a Vascular Surgery Fellowship at the University of Florida. A board-certified general surgeon with extensive training in critical care and vascular surgery, Dr. Nora specializes in robotic assisted Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass surgery.
- Other integral members of our team include:
- Adeana Osika, RD, LD/N, Director of Food and Nutrition, Diabetes and Bariatric Services
- Linda Adams, RD, LD/N, Registered Licensed Dietitian and Bariatric Educator
- Stella Nichols, BSN, RN, Registered Nurse, Program Coordinator
- Marie Seeger, Bariatric Surgical Clinical Reviewer
- Sue Hudson, CHAA, Bariatric Insurance Specialist
- Rodica Vasilescu, APN-C, GNP-BC, MSN
Sarasota Memorial performs the following three bariatric surgery procedures that are recognized and approved by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery and the National Institutes of Health.
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Adjustable Gastric Band, utilizing the LAP-BAND® and the REALIZE® Gastric Band
- Roux-en-Y Sleeve Gastrectomy Adjustable Gastric Band
For detailed information about Sarasota Memorial Hospital’s Comprehensive Bariatric Program, contact us at the Institute for Advanced Medicine, 5880 Rand Blvd., Suite 211, Sarasota, FL 34238, call our office at 941-917-4753, or submit the form below.